2DS XL w/Luma CFW - Snes9x 2002/2005 audio crackling/frame drops?

So I know that the N3DS/2DS XL (which both use the ARM9 804 MHz CPU), aren’t the most robust devices out there, but, what I am curious or wanting to know is, is there any way to experience more stable/faster Snes emulation outside of VC injections? Snes VC emulation is pretty solid actually, for the games that work with it anyway, but no SA-1, Super FX or S-DD1 emulation works with injecting VC games, and other games like FF6, have audio issues when the mosaic tile effects are shown.

Then the other side of the coin, Snes9x for 3DS, it runs great, full speed for almost all ROMs, but here’s the catch, it’s 1.43-based with some 1.51 code (for the audio), and no way to sync the audio to the CPU, resulting in Zsnes-like audio shudder Am I doing anything wrong with Snes9x 2005 or 2005 Plus? I know that Snes9x 2010 is included but doesn’t run uh, optimally on the faster CPU, so I’m limited. Do you think there will be a core of this Snes9x variant that has the 1.52 audio core and still run full speed? What options can I change in RetroArch 1.6.7 to get less audio crackling?

I got this primarily for 3DS games, but wanted Snes portability on the side as well, VC injects run great, so obviously the power is there, as those are optimized for the ARM CPU. But is there anything that can be done on my end to reduce the audio crackle and frame drops or am I outta luck? Thanks :smiley: