360 wireless controller on Firetv

Hello, Just to say upfont, I am quite new to this. I am running fire tv, running Kodi. I have RCB setup to launch Retroarch Mame 2010 XBOX wireless 360 controller for windows When I launch a game, it loads. I hit a button on my controller, it says port 0: xbox 360…, so it is being recognized. However none of the buttons work, excecpt for select (which takes me back) and start (which bring up a menu, also which I cannot navigate) Exact same thing happens with a keyboard. Recognized it as a dell keyboard, but none of the keys work. I have tried turning off autodetect joystick in the config, but that does not do any good. I"m sure there is a setting or something I am missing. I did find an xbox wireless config file online, but I don’t know where to put it on my fire tv. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

If you have the autoconfig file, go to settings > directory settings and see what your autoconfig directory is set to. Put it there. You can also try mapping manually: with autoconfig ON, go to Input Player 1 in settings and use ‘bind all’ to map them.

Thank you for responding. When I go to settings, the only thing I have is relating to directory’s is a path option. When I go to player 1, i don’t have a bind all option. Note that I am stuck in the pre-load screen, once I get to the green/grey screen, I can’t hit any buttons at all.

You’re using a version we no longer support anymore. It’s impossible for us to even remember what problems that version had. Update to the nightlies