3DO Emulator on RA - Grainy/Fuzzy Graphics (photos)

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

Hopefully this is a quick fix. I’m very new to all this and I don’t know a ton about computers, so please go easy on me lol

I’m using RetroArch to play 3DO games, but I can’t get the graphics to look right. The images are quite static-y, and the pixels seem to jump and vibrate, creating a very grainy look. On YouTube, the games look very clear, so I know something’s wrong on my end.

Specifically, I’m trying to get the game Immercenary to look right. For comparison:

YouTube Video Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 01.58.36

My RetroArch Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 01.11.56

I’m using a potato laptop, a MacBook Pro (early 2011). I have the older Mac RetroArch (so not the Metal 2 version because my computer is too old). I am very happy with the speed of the emulation, in fact the game runs very well. Sound is good as well, and no visual glitches or anything like that. Just the visual quality is the issue, particularly on the FMVs. The in-game graphics look okay.

I have tried turning on ‘Bilinear Filtering’, but that didn’t seem to do anything. I know there are video filters/shaders, but they’re powered by CPU, right? I don’t think my poor 10 year old computer could handle that. Anyone have a fix for me? This newcomer would greatly appreciate it :smiley:

I can provide specs of my computer or any other relevant details, just ask!