4 Controllers hooked up at the same time, use each one for a specific emulator

This has been rattling my brain and can’t figure it out, perhaps the answer is right in front of me but I am looking far past it.

I am building a EmulationStation with RetroArch cores in Windows 8 on my surface pro 3. I can get things to work on a single controller like SNES, Saturn, XBOX not an issue.

The problem that I run into is that I like to use different controllers for different emulators (Cores), even though I mapped all controllers in RetroArch and individually they all work fine, if they are not set to the “Player1” function they don’t work (which means I have to do a quick mapping each time I want to change controllers) #firstworldprobelms right?

So what I want it to do is when I boot up and select my SNES core I want to to pick my 8 Button SNES USB controller, and then when I pick NES core I want it to use my Buffalo NES controller, then when I select the sega saturn emulator (Yabause) I want it to pick up my Sega Saturn Controller and so on.

With all my controllers being hooked up at the same time, I did not think it would be that hard.

The only thing that came close was I picked the core in retroarch and did the input like I would for that core then saved the CFG file which for example it saved it like yabause.libretro.cfg, but then when I load it up it does not load it, as it seems to use the default Retroarch.cfg

Thanks any help is great full I can’t seem to wrap my head around it.

Update -

I am able to save and load each config and they work just like I set them inside of Retroarch. I guess the simple question is how to get I get the core to load the new saved config upon launch of the emulator?

If you are using a current nightly you can do it with overrides. In you config directory create a folder after the name of the core (the name from Core Information) and put your config there (again with the same name)

So for Nestopia it would be CONFIG_DIR\Nestopia\Nestopia.cfg

These config files don’t need to include everything, just the controller configuration.

More info: http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/

Thanks Radius

I figured out my issue or “what I wanted accomplished”

Ok, I am an idiot and I just figured it out.

I was saving the config file after I made the input changes, the thing is for whatever reason it created a new config file but added the DLL to it (as to match the core) however, retroarch just copied the default and not the new one I just saved.

All I had to do was copy what was in the new config that I saved to the one it created and it worked like a charm.

So I get the controller and configuration that I want to use for each emulator.

I think jotting down my issue here helped myself think about it more in depth of what I wanted it to do.

I might load in the latest anyways and check out the overrides as it seems that would be a bit easier to manage.

Thanks

Yeah I use overrides a lot now, for instance my PPSSPP override has rewind disabled and only image-adjustment for shader. It’s not automated (you have to create the configs manually) but I plan to add that later on