4 players on bomberman?

Hi everyone,

I instal RetroArch on my computer and I want to play to “super bomberman 2” with four players. I connect 4 controllers on 4 USB port.

I load core and content of “super bomberman 2”

But I can only play with 2 players… Normally, for each player, I have 3 options: [ul] [li]MAN (for a human player)[/li][li]COM (for a computer player)[/li][li]OFF (for no player)[/li][/ul]

Here I have those 3 choices for the first 2 player and then I just have 2 choices: [ul] [li]COM[/li][li]OFF[/li][/ul]

Cores handle additional players differently. For Snes9x, I think you need to set your second player’s device type to multitap and then add in the additional players.

Hi thank you for answering me but can you be more specific? I am a real newbe in all of this…

Where can I control decond player device?

For the moment for any controller I go in “input/input user 1 binds” then “input/input user 2 binds”… But I do not have multitap option in the inputs…

Load the core and the game, then go into settings > input > input user 2 binds and change the user 2 device type to multitap

Thank you, that is what I thought but I cannot find “multitap”…

in “user 2 device type” I got:

• NONE
  • RetroPad
  • RetroPad w/ Analog

and in “user 2 device Index” I got:

• usb gamepad (#0) (the one I use)
  • N/A (Port #3)
  • N/A (Port #4)
  • Disable

the different device types won’t show up until you have a game running. Did you do that first?

No I don’t, I will retry tomorrow, thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile:

I think I am not far anymore but I will still need some help.

First of all, for newbes reading this post. To play with 4 players you don’t have to go in “settings/inputs/input user 2 binds” you have to:

• run the game
  • push “F1” to go back to RetroArch Menu
  • you will now have be in “quick menu”. There you go on “controller” and this is where you choose “multitap” for device number 2.

Now I still have an issue! THe first controller control 2 bomberman… The one in the upper left corner and the one in the downer right corner… 2 other controllers control the 2 other bomberman The last controller doesn’t control anything…

Do you have any ideas on how I can correct that??? :slight_smile:

For the last controller, go into that player’s input binds and make sure the device index isn’t set to use the first controller device by mistake.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I do not manage to make it work, it is really annoying!!! ^^

[U][B]What I got:

[/B][/U]controls 1 is working controls 2 does’n do a thing controls 3 controls 2 bombermans controls 4 controls the last bomberman

What I configure: Quick Menu/Controls

User 1 Device Type: SNES Joypad( other choices: SNES Mouse, Multitap, None) User 1 Analog To Digital Type: None (I don’t really know what it is) User 2 Device Type: Multitap( other choices: SNES Mouse, SNES Joypad, None) User 2 Analog To Digital Type: None User 3 Device Type: RetroPad( other choices: None) User 3 Analog To Digital Type: None User 4 Device Type: RetroPad( other choices: None) User 4 Analog To Digital Type: None

Settings/Inputs Max Users: 4 input User 1 Binds User 1 Device Type: SNES Joypad( other choices: SNES Mouse, Multitap, None) User 1 Analog To Digital Type: None User 1 Device Index: USB gamepad (#0) (no other choices) input User 2 Binds User 2 Device Type: Multitap ( other choices: SNES Mouse, SuperScope, Justifier, SNES Joypad , None) User 2 Analog To Digital Type: None User 2 Device Index: USB gamepad (#0) (other choices: Disable) input User 3 Binds User 3 Device Type: RetroPad( other choices: None) User 3 Analog To Digital Type: None User 3 Device Index: USB gamepad (#0) (other choices: Disable) input User 4 Binds User 4 Device Type: RetroPad( other choices: None) User 4 Analog To Digital Type: None User 4 Device Index: USB gamepad (#0) (other choices: Disable)

Do you think that RetroArch might understant that the control 2 is multitap and not a control so it doesn’t work and we need 5 controls to play with 4 players??? (4 controls + 1 multitap)?

No, you have the device type set up correctly. It works fine with 4 users. Your issue is likely your device index. Are you using some kind of USB hub or something similar for your controllers?

If you are, you likely have multiple devices of the same name (in your case, you probably have four devices named “USB Gamepad (#0)”). It’s a bit confusing, but try pressing left and right on the Device Index even if it looks like it’s not changing and test if that changes what controller is being used.

Yeeeeessss it is working, thank you very much!!! I have an USB hub.

I directly change the config file it was easier. Thank you again!

Anne-Sophie

I know this is old, but I am now having the same issue here in 2023. Can you tell me what you changed in the config file? Thanks!