4k Firestick Max Controller auto remaps to port 2

Didn’t have this problem with the regular 4k firestick. But on the 4k firestick max whenever I use my amazon remote it autoconfigs to port 1. Then when I try to use my controller it autoconfigs to port 2. Before on 4k if I did this the controller would autoconfig to port 1 no fuss. The only way I got my controller to be on port 1 is to open up retroarch with the controller and not use the remote at all. Is there a workaround for this?

I’m having the exact same problem with my FireTV Cube vs. FireTV 4K (not a “max”).

• FireTV 4K: pressing a button on the remote, the remote is assigned to port 1. Pressing the controller, the controller gets assigned to port 1 and I don’t see the remote any more.
  • FireTV Cube: pressing the controller: controller -> port 1. Pressing the remote afterwards: remote -> port 1. Pressing the controller again: controller -> port 2. You can get around the issue a little by allowing all users to control the menu in “Input -> Menu Control” (I think, transalting from German here :see_no_evil:). But most games want to use port 1…

In the end I suspect that the issue is with FireOS 6.2.9 (4K) vs. 7.2.8 (Cube/Max)…

Normally once the app is open I synch the controller I want to use or just open the app with the controller I want to use. Never really found this to be a problem but I’m new to this myself and having an issue with any controller I use disconnecting when I launch an N64 game and it’s getting annoying since I haven’t been able to figure it out.