64DD Support - Documentation? How to load 64dd disk and rom file at same time?

Hi,

I have been playing around with 64DD support in libretro and can get it to work with 64DD games that are standalone but I am a little stumped as to what I need to do in order to use the F-Zero 64DD disk in conjunction with the F-zero X (J) rom?

I guess the project is in its infancy at the moment but is there any documentation/wiki on how to use 64DD correctly?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=toxicshadow;52795]Hi,

I have been playing around with 64DD support in libretro and can get it to work with 64DD games that are standalone but I am a little stumped as to what I need to do in order to use the F-Zero 64DD disk in conjunction with the F-zero X (J) rom?

I guess the project is in its infancy at the moment but is there any documentation/wiki on how to use 64DD correctly?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

+1

I’m struggling with this system as well

i haven’t found a way yet…

Luigiblood added support for this sort of thing–that is, loading a cart and then loading a DD disk that interacts with it–in the core but it’s not hooked up in the frontend yet. We’ll need to hook it into the ‘load special’ interface used by Super Game Boy and BSX / Sufami Turbo.

great, cant wait. will have to get better gpu by then though…

How powerful a GPU does it require? I’m currently rockin a GTX 970…

@hunterk did this get hooked up?

Not that I’m aware of.

1 Like

It’s great to know this is out on the radar though. This would give me a much larger incentive to hook this into my system.

Just trying to find a 64DD_ipl.bin that matches the checksum in the core info file has been a nightmare that I feel will never end.

hope this works would love to play the 64dd on retroarch