8bitdo controllers for windows: best bluetooth connection protocol?

Hi, Maybe a noob question, but what is the best protocol between x-input and d-input connection to work the best on retroarch windows ? I don’t understand the difference and behaviour on retroarch ? thanks for your experience regards

Xinput should be good.

thanks for your advice. but why to use /have somes others protocol like d-input? is there some diffrence about lag, buttons assignement, etc …? thanks

There’s a few reasons to have both on a controller like that. For instance older games accept d-input but not x-input.

MAME supports x-input but you have to compile your own version if you want d-input.

PS3 I believe accepts d-input, but def not x-input.

The only difference between the 2 that I’ve found as far as functionality is that a lot of new PC games will auto-map x-input to the controls - which is really nice honestly.

ok thanks for your explanations. so when I connect in x-input on pc my 8bitdo sf30 pro in bluetooth, retroarch show me the controller as “x-input controller” and not as “8 bitdo sn30 pro”. so the autoconfig profiles doens’t match is it important ? thanks

I wouldn’t think it matters as long as the inputs are mapping correctly - but don’t quote me on that lol I don’t use the autoconfig feature ‘at all’ 'cause I map everything to a keyboard in xpadder and then map RA to the keyboard.

Ok I will do with it. Thanks