8bitdo SF30 Pro gamepad working only if XBox One controller is on

I’m having an issue where my 8bitdo SF30 Pro controller stopped working in Retroarch on Windows 10. I tried deleting the autoconf folder, all the “input_player_1” lines in retroarch.cfg, it did not work. Retroarch sees is as a “Generic 360 pad”, but I cannot use it or remap its keys.

Now, the funny part : the controller actually works under the following condition : having my Xbox One wireless controller also turned on. If the XBox controller is on, I can use the 8bitdo controller fine.

Does anyone have a solution for this weird behaviour ?

Edit : oh, setting the controller driver to “Dinput” instead of “Xinput” makes it work.

Edit 2 : now, setting the controller in Dinput mode and the Retroarch driver to “Xinput” makes it work… I don’t get why, but at least it works.

1 Like

I’m glad you got it figured out, and thanks for posting your solution!

Actually it’s not really a solution, since in Dinput mode, in Retroarch menu, “Valid” and “Cancel” are swapped : I have the japanese layout and with Dinput mode, Accept in the left button and Cancel is the right button, where it should be the opposite (like in Xinput mode), so I think in this configuration, the inputs are a bit messed up.

I’ll stick with my other workaround for now : turning the Xbox controller on and not use it.

1 Like