8BITDO SN30 and Nvidia Remote

recently received a Shield TV Android box and I wanted to setup RetroArch on it seeing it supports most system I want to play; however, I am faced with several disturbing issues I am sure there are fixes for.

I have controller issues in RetroArch. It seems (8BITDO SN30) won’t get picked up by RetroArch unless I do the following steps: Press a couple of times on a button on the Shield Remote and then press on a button on the 8BITDO Controller. The remote gets mapped as input #0 and the controller as #1. However, the controller is still the first mapped controller when playing games. I constantly need to do this procedure everytime I launch RetroArch, I load content (ROM) and exit content. I know it’s not a controller sync issue as the home and Shield (Google Assistant) button are always working. I’m always having to either press a button on the shield remote to get the 8BITDO to work, or I have to shut off the 8BITDO and turn it back on. The problem with that is that it risks the chance of getting mapped to a port that is not accessible (writing in yellow in bottom right corner of screen). Sometimes, the port will change and I have no 8BITDO control whatsoever and have to exit altogether. Thanks in advance!!!

I have a Shield ATV with gamepad and 8bitdo NES30 arcade stick. The way I do it is sync my stick with the Shield outside of RetroArch, launch RA using the arcade stick, press a direction once RA loads and it should show the yellow text saying the device is detected and configured. That’s it. Don’t bother with the remote.

I exit fullscreen (F) then back to fullscreen to refresh the controller.