A couple input overlay questions

I’ve finally decided to dive-in to RetroArch on Android after using it on the PC for a while. I’ve figured out the core override files and have used that to setup which onscreen overlay is loaded for each core (psx for PCSX ReARMed, Genesis for Genesis Plus GX, etc…). There are a couple things that would be “quality of life” improvements for me and they seem like they should be doable but are just evading me:

[ul] [li]I have a controller that I like to use with my phone and tablet but I don’t always carry the controller. I’ve been handling this by manually toggling the overlay on/off as necessary but it would be great if there was a way to override the configuration based on a controller being connected or not. Is there a way to accomplish this?[/li][li]For some of the overlay files that include multiple overlays the default is not ideal. In particular, the Genesis overlay opens to a 6-button controller which is rarely used. Is there a way to choose which version of the overlay is selected by default?[/li][/ul]

#1 is probably technically possible but I don’t think it is/would be high priority for the main contributors at this point. Pull requests are welcome, though, and would almost certainly be merged.

For #2, yes, you have to open the cfg file in a text editor and find-and-replace to swap all of the overlay numbers between the two types. For example, in this case, overlay 0 is 6-button landscape and overlay 1 is 3-button landscape, so you would find-and-replace all of the instances of 0_ to 1_ and vice versa: