A few problems: PPSSPP not displaying system dialogs, retroarch won't log psx games

Hello! I’ve started using Retroarch recently and it’s mostly gone swimmingly. But I’m having a couple bugs I’m hoping you folks can help me smooth out.

First, when playing Persona 3 Portable, the loading, saving, and data install dialogues are invisible. Pretty frustrating. Everything else seems to be working perfectly, but if I can’t save, it doesn’t do me much good!

Second, while Mednafen’s PSX core is mostly functional, Retroarch doesn’t remember my PSX .cue files the way it remembers my SNES, Genesis, and GBA games and files them all in a convenient list. So I have to hunt them down every time I want to play. Also, I don’t see anywhere in the Retroarch core menus where I can swap memcards. It also doesn’t seem to like .ccd files, but I can live with that.

If I can iron these bugs out, I’ll be a happy gamer. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide!

For PPSSPP, most of the weird ‘missing stuff’ issues are caused by missing assets: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=PPSSPP#BIOS

mednafen-psx remembers my cue files in the ‘load recent’ menu. Not sure why it’s not keeping yours. I don’t think there’s any options to swap memory cards. You just have to move/rename files in your filesystem, IIRC.

Great! That solves my PPSSPP problem, thank you.

As for the PSX thing, I don’t mean the recently played list, I mean the ‘playlist’ feature. You know, the game lists that are just over to the right from the main menu? Saved as .lpl files. It isn’t generating those for my PSP or PSX games. Is that not implemented yet, or, is it something else?

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, the playlist feature isn’t finished yet, and CD-based systems are still being worked on, along with arcade ROMs.