A few questions

I got a few questions that I wonder if anyone can help me with.

1. I regularly use retroachievements when playing older games that is supported by the service, and have it active in my retroarch.cfg file. Now I don’t use per core cfg files, and wonder if there is a way to turn it on and off without going the “per core route”

2. the playlists, I’m not sure but think I’m doing something wrong. I tried setting it upon my android tablet, and in some instances I get it to work, ie nes playlist works, but the snes one doesn’t for some unknown reason. Just an example I’ve seen: when I try to add super mario kart.smc it won’t get added to the playlist but changing the extencion to bin it’ll get added, but here’s the thing that stumps me, the cores I’ve installed will play the game fine if it’s named with the smc file extension, but refuses to play the bin one. And yes the game is from no-intro.

Edit: mentioning I’m using stock 1.3.4 on android with snes9x and snes9x-next cores

bumping…

For the second question, if the game was no-intro it wouldn’t be a .smc. It would be .sfc. If the scanning feature doesn’t pick up your games it’s because the md5 or crc or whatever doesn’t match their database file.