A little information on the PlayStation 2 emulator and core

hi everyone, I have problems with pcsx2 and the games, in almost all the games there are glitches and bugs in the textures etc but when I use the pcsx2 emulator the games are perfect, I read that since the core is still in '‘alpha’ ’ most games have problems, I just wanted to know if the problem is because it’s in ‘‘alpha’’ or is it my problem that I could solve. Thanks so much for the replies

yeah, it’s mostly a problem with the core itself. Nothing to be done on your end, usually.

1 Like

There’s a new PS2 core on the way, so hang tight for just a while and things should be better in general.

3 Likes

I’m curious if you mean a complete new core in development, to be added to RetroArch or did you mean a new version of the PCSX2/LRPS2 core?

1 Like

It’s referred to on their Twitter as an “updated PS2 core”, and there was an alpha version floating around a couple months ago that still needed work, but showed a lot of promise… so just watch the Twitter page, I guess, if you want future information.

2 Likes

Oh okay. I don’t use Twitter, so totally missed that. Can’t wait for any improvements for one of the most important consoles ever!

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t normally use it either… just found it while searching for new RA news. I, personally, would like to see more news here on this forum, just because I like it here, but that’s obviously up to the RA guys.

1 Like