A lot of Issues in 1.3

I’m getting audio pops and crackles in all Snes cores that are not there in 1.2 Shaders don’t seem to look corrrect. Also framerates don’t feel smooth, never have to be honest. There is always this tiny drop in random frames. Is this due to RA locking at 59.950 refresh? I’m unsure if this is tied into the audio issues.

Let’s start with the basics, nobody can help you or investigate the possible issues if they don’t have enough information.

• What hardware and operating system are you running?
  • What menu drivers (RGUI, XMB, MaterialUI etc) did you use?
  • What games and cores did you try? Did you update since 1.2?
  • What shaders did you use? What do you expect them to look like? (post a screenshot pointing out the errors or correct image if possible)
  • Would you define smooth? If you play an NTSC game the correct frame rate is 59.940. As far as I know no old console runs at 60fps, they are always either at NTSC or PAL refresh rates.
  • Have you tried changing the VSync and Hard GPU Sync in video settings?
  • Have you tried changing the audio latency in the audio settings? Increasing it can solve crackling in some systems, try 128ms.

[QUOTE=enygmata;33483]Let’s start with the basics, nobody can help you or investigate the possible issues if they don’t have enough information.

• What hardware and operating system are you running?
  • What menu drivers (RGUI, XMB, MaterialUI etc) did you use?
  • What games and cores did you try? Did you update since 1.2?
  • What shaders did you use? What do you expect them to look like? (post a screenshot pointing out the errors or correct image if possible)
  • Would you define smooth? If you play an NTSC game the correct frame rate is 59.940. As far as I know no old console runs at 60fps, they are always either at NTSC or PAL refresh rates.
  • Have you tried changing the VSync and Hard GPU Sync in video settings?
  • Have you tried changing the audio latency in the audio settings? Increasing it can solve crackling in some systems, try 128ms.[/QUOTE]

-My hardware is exactly the same as it was when I ran 1.22 with zero audio pops. My hardware is more than powerful enough to run RA. -I tried every menu driver including the audio drivers but 1.22 used to default to directsound but 1.3 defaults to the prefered xaudio. -I’ve updated all the cores as this is a fresh install, never upgrade. -Tried too many games to list but prevelant in Super metroid demo rollover if you want ot recreate, -Shaders i used are none or easymode has the least system impact. Besides all the crt look the same with the exception of Solid’s CRT -Of course -and of course. -Define smooth. Other emulators or hardware runs at 60 frames locked. Like my GCW Zero runs at 60 frames locked. RA runs at 59.950 and is variable. Sometimes it’s 59.4 or 59.8 It’s never smooth. I’ll assume it’s for timings and correct framerates. but it casues these random drops in frames. Nothing major, not a hitch or a pause but you nver see smooth scrolling. Again run something like Super Metroid and run the demo loop. It’s never smooth. Maybe it’s just me being overly sensitive to it.

Do you have vsync enabled (and not forced on/off in your GPU’s driver control panel)? If so, it should speed up the game to 60 fps (or, actually, whatever your monitor’s refresh is, which is rarely exactly 60.00) locked with “buttery” smooth scrolling. Audio then has to be resampled on the fly or else that 0.05-6 fps discrepancy will drain the audio buffer, which leads to crackling audio. This automatic compensation is called ‘dynamic rate control’ in RA and it should be enabled by default but make sure that it is (only accessible from the retroarch.cfg file, IIRC).

Turn audio sync OFF and you may also need to increase/decrease your audio latency and/or the max timing skew.

[QUOTE=hunterk;33516]Do you have vsync enabled (and not forced on/off in your GPU’s driver control panel)? If so, it should speed up the game to 60 fps (or, actually, whatever your monitor’s refresh is, which is rarely exactly 60.00) locked with “buttery” smooth scrolling. Audio then has to be resampled on the fly or else that 0.05-6 fps discrepancy will drain the audio buffer, which leads to crackling audio. This automatic compensation is called ‘dynamic rate control’ in RA and it should be enabled by default but make sure that it is (only accessible from the retroarch.cfg file, IIRC).

Turn audio sync OFF and you may also need to increase/decrease your audio latency and/or the max timing skew.[/QUOTE]

T’was the audio sync. That off, smoothed everything out really. There is no dynamic rate control in RA.cfg There is however audio rate control and ill assume that’s the same thing.