A pain in the MAME!

This MAME rubbish is becoming a joke now! I’ve got the latest MAME core running fine now. Had a few roms working fine, with crt shaders etc. BUT now the majority of roms I actually want are trying to load then crashing retroarch with the following error seeming to be the main culprit!!!..

Error: Attempt to free single object Global_Free_array…blah blah

Anyone any ideas?

Ones I can run…

Alien Storm 1941 1943 1945 Alex kidd Air Gallet Alien

Some of the ones that won’t…

AOF AOF2 AOF3 AVSP APB

More errors…

1. qsound.bin NOT FOUND

2. FATAL ERROR: Required files are missing

Right, just dropped a qsound.zip in my roms folder, see if that helps with any!.. Gee whiz!!!

My god! I noticed an error for AOF saying ‘‘sfix.sfix’’ not found, so I thought I’d look in the neogeo bios zip and the file was there but named ‘‘Sfix.sfx’’…changed that and AOF worked fine… what chance have you got!!!

Are all the roms going to be like this!!!?? Would take me forever to get just a few working at this rate, not sure if it’s worth it!!!

I just tried all 3 Art of Fighting games. Worked fine with no issues, same for any other neogeo game I throw at it. I’m using the latest nightly builds. Make sure you’re using a newer romset for mame as well as a proper neogeo bios. I haven’t tested anything other than neogeo games on the mame core, so I cant speak for your other issues. I’m on windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

[QUOTE=sennerz;18641]My god! I noticed an error for AOF saying ‘‘sfix.sfix’’ not found, so I thought I’d look in the neogeo bios zip and the file was there but named ‘‘Sfix.sfx’’…changed that and AOF worked fine… what chance have you got!!!

Are all the roms going to be like this!!!?? Would take me forever to get just a few working at this rate, not sure if it’s worth it!!![/QUOTE]

Stop using ancient romsets and you won’t be running into problems like this anymore.

I use mame core 2014 0.154 version and after updating from 1.0.0.2 to nightly i get cracking sound in games that exceeds 60 hz, like pacman for example. I also can’t save nvram in kof98.zip. Any fixes for that?

Setup your directories correctly www.libretro.com/index.php/mamemessume-cores