A request to the developers

Can you make the retroarch normal, aarch64 and staging apps different so we can install all 3 of them in one phone and be able to enjoy all the cores?

Because I’m using a Kirin cpu which can work with both aarch64 and the normal version of retroarch (I believe the “normal” version is armv7) and some cores miss in the normal version like dolphin but are in the aarch64… Meanwhile some cores in the normal version have extra options that miss from aarch64 :smiley:

I don’t know what the staging app is and if devices with x86 have a different retroarch app or they just have the x86 cores in the automatic core updater. (Cause in the nightlies page I only see normal, aarch64 and staging builds and in the Google store I believe the normal version is installed because it has no dolphin core which would be in the aarch64 version)

Bump… Or just allow us to choose which cpu architecture we want to download in the core updater. And ofc the option to have for example the core of desmume for armv7 and aarch64 and other countries types installed in the same retroarch app.

Yes, we’re currently looking into naming the aarch64 package something different so that it can coexist with the 32-bit package. Each installation will download cores that are compatible with themselves.

1 Like

Awesome! What about this armeabi is it same as armeabi v7a? Does it have any cores v7a ain’t got or any extra core features that miss from v7a?

Can you also tell me what the retroarch staging apk is in the nightlies page?

staging builds from a branch that we test some things in. It’s not really of interest to end-users, since anything that actually works goes right into the regular builds.

you can see which cores build for each output target by browsing buildbot.libretro.com.

1 Like