About final burn alpha

Until recently, this emulator was not separated into several? Neo-Geo, CPS1 , CPS2 , etc.

I can not find the cores separately.

It was very useful to assign an overlay because Neogeo all games have the same resolution , all of cps 1-2-3 has the same resolution…

Those were only really intended for platforms that are RAM-starved and can’t load large ROMs into memory otherwise (Wii/Gamecube, particularly), and we stopped building them to prevent confusion, IIRC (people were coming onto the forums and IRC asking what the differences were, which one to use, etc.). This is a reasonable use-case, though, so I’ll bring it up for debate with the other guys and we’ll see if this functionality is worth the added support load caused by the potential for confusion.

Thanks hunterk, having per core settings would be a bonus for the different systems.

We already have per-core settings. What do you mean?

I think it means that if we separate some cores as only a core for NeoGeo, only a core for CPS1-2-3, etc. The option of “per-core setting” is even more useful in that case.

Perhaps it would be too difficult to separate the FBA in more cores (although the windows emulator lets you select: Cave, Sega, Konami, etc.)

It is similar to Mednafen not?

But it would be interesting to group some arcades systems by:

• Screen resolution (Neogeo, CPS Systems)
  • Screen orientation (horizontal and vertical)
  • Number of buttons (this is solved with maps overrides)
  • or other things

This would also be useful for MAME, but in that case it would be like too much work.

And in the GenplusGX also it is important (especially for gamegear, I had to use overrides), Radius although the idea of grouping by families, would be enough (not possible in arcades)

I think this would be incredibly useful, but it would probably be more efficient to allow some kind of database editing to add additional systems based on cores that are already in place. The way Rocketlauncher works is a good example of this. You can use the same “Core” of MAME, but have individual system databases of games that have their own settings. So you can set up a Capcom Play System 3 database that uses the MAME or FBA core but has its own settings. I think a good orgizational structure would be Core->System->Game Having per core, per system, and per game settings would be a dream Many systems could use the same core. You could set up CPS1, NEO GEO, and maybe some custom systems like Midway Classics, Taito Classics. If you are looking for databases for systems, hyperlist seems like a really good starting point. One question. Is there a way to add multiple folders for boxart? I have turned on config per core but it seems that it doesn’t apply to the directory settings. Sorry about the long winded post. The topic just got me thinking. You guys keep doing what you’re doing! I am absolutely loving RetroArch 1.2!

no no no RetroArch doesn’t need to be aware of what’s being emulated… that’s part of the magic. I have given it some thought and I could add per-collection overrides. But that’s it.

I see that windows version it have cores separately, right?

Windows standalone version is all-in-one, what you think are “separate cores” are just filters on a list.

Not really, we still have the old FBA split cores there for windows.

This split cores are in android?