About the DS emulation

I have gotten a tablet and I want to play games on it. Virtual gamepad with touch screen is bad and my device is not small enough to be attachable to an Ipega controller. For that reason, I can only play visual novel, some puzzles and turn-based RPG, because they do not require fast action.

DS would be the best option, because it has games that use touch commands and it would be easy to play on tablet. However, the emulator is terribly slow. =( I cannot play Phoenix Wright and Ghost Trick because the text appears slowly and the sound is bad because of the slowness. It is strange, because PSP is much more powerful than DS, but the PSP emulator is much faster. My device cannot play Phoenix Wright, but it can play Trails in the Sky at speeds higher than 100%.

Could the DS core be optimized to play 2D games and visual novel? A subset of playable games is better than nothing. =D

PPSSPP vs Desmume is an apples-to-oranges comparison, just like PCSX-ReARMed vs VBA. “I can run playstation games full speed, but GBA is too slow??” There are a lot of variables that determine emulation speed other than how powerful the original system is/was.

That said, your best bet is probably to buy a copy of Drastic, which has better performance than Desmume, or else use some other bluetooth gamepad, such as a PS3 pad.

VBA has a Next version, which was developed to be faster. I have not tested.

It would be nice to have a Next version of Desmume optimized for 2D games. DS and Android use ARM-based CPU, the dynarec could be free.

After reading games that have so much text, it would be nice to play something else, such as puzzles.

I have not found frameskip on Retroarch, but I have downloaded nds4droid and set frameskip to 4 and now the game is playable. It does not need many frames. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I really use a PS3 controller? My tablet is almost two times larger than it and the weight would be unbalanced.

There is no frameskip in RA, and well… frameskip 4 means 15 fps… that’s terribad for any other usecases…