Accurate display on CRT

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 2 to use as an emulation platform for older consoles, up to the PSX, and I’d like it to look as authentic as possible. What settings would you recommend for using Retroarch with a CRT TV? Does Retroarch support rendering the game at its native resolution without any stretching or scaling? When I use it on my desktop Retroarch always seems to fill the screen, unless it’s in windowed mode, and I’m not sure if that will mess with the picture quality on a CRT.

Basically what I’m wanting is for the emulation to look nearly indistinguishable from the real hardware (also dependent on the quality of the core obviously). If the video is output at a non-native resolution, like 480i, then from what I understand it wouldn’t look right.

I think you have to disable Bilinear Filtering (in video settings) ; sometimes you will also have to look in core’s option to disable this filtering. You can enable Integer scale, choose custom for aspect ratio index, then define a custom ratio with no scaling.

It looks like RPi’s composite output is 480i. I’m not altogether sure how much control you have over that FAKEDIT: posts on the RPi forum suggest not very much. It seems everything is either upscaled or downscaled to 480i, which is common behavior on, for example, old video cards with s-video outputs.