Add Content Issue

Hi,

I’ve only recently gotten into using RetroArch (it is excellent by the way!) but I’ve came across an issue when adding ROMs to a collection via “Add Content”.

[ul] [li]Scan a ROM directory with 300+ files[/li][li]RetroArch crashes after importing the final file[/li][li]Reload RetroArch and find that a number of the imported files haven’t appeared on the collection list[/li][li]The files that do appear on the list include different formats (eg .v64 and .z64 appear for Mugen64Plus)[/li][li]Checking the playlist file there are numerous entries that state: [DETECT][/li][li]All ROMs load fine via “Load Content”, they just don’t appear in the collection[/li][/ul]

I’ve found this to be an issue across multiple formats. What does the [DETECT] field mean? Is there something I can do to manually fix this? Or is it worth keeping eyes out for an update?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

I can’t add Nintendo 64 roms either.

Mupen supports z64 and v64 files, but it does not means that the no-intro database uses these extensions. Take a look at the no-intro database from DAT-o-MATIC, it’s based on the hashes (md5, crc) of .n64 roms.

About the crash after the scan, I think it was due issue #1928, which is fixed the in the git/nightly (wait for 1.2.1).

The [DETECT] is replaced for the libretro core that you choose to run the content.

[QUOTE=sergio-br2;25342]Mupen supports z64 and v64 files, but it does not means that the no-intro database uses these extensions. Take a look at the no-intro database from DAT-o-MATIC, it’s based on the hashes (md5, crc) of .n64 roms.

About the crash after the scan, I think it was due issue #1928, which is fixed the in the git/nightly (wait for 1.2.1).

The [DETECT] is replaced for the libretro core that you choose to run the content.[/QUOTE] Could you give me an explanation about what no-intro is and how to use Dat o Matic please? (i.e. how do I fix some ROMs please?)

Read this --> http://www.no-intro.org/

If you have a bad dump or a hack, it’s not possible to “fix” it.

There are tools that convert z64 to n64, but I don’t know if it’ll give you the right hash

[QUOTE=sergio-br2;25578]Read this --> http://www.no-intro.org/

If you have a bad dump or a hack, it’s not possible to “fix” it.

There are tools that convert z64 to n64, but I don’t know if it’ll give you the right hash[/QUOTE] I don’t really know what that means, care to explain? How do you know if it’s a good ROM or not?

smithstock, check the no-intro website. Long story short: they make databases of the best rom dumps available. Most rom managers like RetroArch’s own Collection use databases like these to verify ROM files’ integrity. So the best thing you could do if you’re having issues with your current rom collection is to replace them with roms from a No-intro “certified” set. Just google them.

what about psx isos? none of mine are getting detected.

Any luck with the isos issue screamingtrees? I’m having the same issue.