Add cutom rom to collection

Hello,

RA isn’t support GoodTools and will not support in a future according to this answer what makes me quite sad.

So I wonder how can I add any custom roms to a collection. There are many translated roms from Japanese to English that I can’t play otherwise but to “open content” them every time.

Just a quick example: Mickey to Donald - Magical Adventure 3 (J) [T+Eng1.0RPGone].smc Star Ocean (J) [T+Eng1.0_DeJap].smc

Yeah, we need to figure something out for that. We’ll probably add a menu entry for manually adding ROMs like that, though it probably won’t be for a few weeks, at least.

You could use No-Intro ROMs as a base and have the translation or hack IPS/UPS/BPS files in the same folder. If you name them the same as the ROMs, RetroArch will automatically soft patch the ROM when you load it. That won’t cover other kinds of patch types like xdelta though. Or if you want to use multiple patches on one ROM.

The entire collection system could use a bit more flexibility. I’d love to be able to rename items in the playlist or even manually add my own games. For example I like to have the actual file names follow the no-intro conventions but in the frontend I prefer to not see all of the region and revision tags.

Also thanks to Awakened for mentioning that. I had been hard patching my ROMS up until now. It never even occurred to me that RetroArch had an auo-ips function built in.

[QUOTE=Blu_Haze;25188]The entire collection system could use a bit more flexibility. I’d love to be able to rename items in the playlist or even manually add my own games. For example I like to have the actual file names follow the no-intro conventions but in the frontend I prefer to not see all of the region and revision tags.

Also thanks to Awakened for mentioning that. I had been hard patching my ROMS up until now. It never even occurred to me that RetroArch had an auo-ips function built in.[/QUOTE] No problem! That feature isn’t really advertised anywhere but in this old FAQ, so I can see how it gets overlooked.

Nice to hear it. Thanks.

And one more thing. How about to add “Open with…” functionality to a game title in a collection? Because sometimes you need to open a game with different emu but if you scan it for the first time you can’t change it the emu association in a future.

When I read the blog a long time ago and heard that there these library features coming, I was incredibly excited because I knew that means we’ll be getting this much needed feature for MAME romsets. They’re the worst, because ROMs are always just “fjshh.zip, monire.zip” and you don’t know what the heck anything actually is.

For that, the library scanner makes a whole lot of sense and will be a godsend once the MAME database is good to go!

I have to admit though, I’m not sure how it’s all that useful if you have a correctly labelled NES or SNES collection for example. I thought there might be something implemented like an “assign core to directory” option so that I could just tell Retroarch, “hey, everything in the folder SNES should use core SNES9x so don’t ask”, or something like that.

Maybe just an option for library scanning that could be enabled to add unmatched ROMs to the library anyway? I would hate to have to add them manually and/or individually, so just sending 'em through would be great.

I can’t say that it matters to me all that much though… the new version is absolutely gorgeous and I can still use the file browser the good old fashioned way. :slight_smile: