Adding additional maps/media etc

I am using Retroarch via Batocera. I am trying to add extra maps and/or media to specific games but I am having problems. I have added a new instruction book no problem at all and redirected RA to use it. But when I try to add extra maps or images (png) I cannot get RA to see them. I have even renamed them exactly as existing files but they won’t display. Is there any additional options I need to activate to get this to work? Thank you.

I tried again and I must have inadvertently mistyped the filename. I have just renamed a new file using a name for a previous file and it now displays but the original file (with just a 1 added to the name) doesn’t appear. I am guessing that there is a setting somewhere that limits the number of files that can be displayed?

There’s no limit to the number of files anywhere.

RetroArch doesn’t have any support for maps or manuals directly, so how is it you’re displaying them? Overlays?

I realise now it’s Batocera that has the limit? If I long press a game it brings up the various options and one of those is to “edit this games metadata” and in there you can point towards specific files to be displayed (and shows where they are stored). But if I add additional files they don’t show up.

1 Like

I have figured out a way (but I am sure there must be an easier method). Download all the maps/images as png files. Go to a site such as :- https://www.xconvert.com/ Upload all the images and convert to PDF. On the same site find the option to combine PDF’s and upload the original instruction manual (1st) then the newly created images PDF. Combine the two into one. Put the newly created PDF into the “manuals” folder on your Batocera installation. In the “edit this games metadata” section, select the newly created PDF. Only problem I have found so far is that the PDF opens in less than optimal resolution… (opens perfectly in high res on the device it was created on). Does anyone know how to change the pdf resolution settings in Batocera?

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask. Perhaps on the Batocera Discord.

1 Like