Thanks for the link!
WIth some additional help from #libretro IRC, I’ve got building with Emscripten mostly figured out. I didn’t know about
dist-cores.sh, and there’s a bit of a file renaming dance required. Here’s some (admittedly terse) notes for anyone interested.
It’s a little rough around the edges, but I successfully submitted a Ludum Dare Jam entry! I missed the Compo deadline by half a day, mostly getting back up to speed on building games with C. I’ll admit that I’m a little rusty.
Feedback on how I’m hosting the game / using Retro Arch is welcome. I did some tweaking to the HTML / JS to make the game easy to load for somebody who isn’t familiar with Retro Arch, but I suspect it’s less than ideal.
There are also a few gotchas / things that aren’t quite working right with trying to upload the games to either http://itch.io/ or a self-hosted site. When I get a chance, I’ll try to document my findings there too.
It’s really exciting being able to build this kind of game in a single weekend. I’m definitely going to use Libretro again for the next game development jam and encourage others to try as well.