Advmame aimtrak setup

Hi

im new to retro arch scene, i normaly use mame for my roms but a friend said to give retro arch ago. Ive just done basic setup of my control pad and i can play some of my roms via gamepad fine.

So my question is ive got an aimtrak light gun plugged into my pc all configured in windows and works fine in mame. retroarch detects the light gun at startup but says its not calibrated .

where do i go to calibrate gun ,im finding the retro arch GUI abit confusing. is thier any guides to help me get it setup for retroarch and mame advance/ mame cores.

If you go to settings > input > user 1 binds and scroll down a bit, you’ll a place to bind lightgun inputs. That should help as long as the core uses the lightgun API. I don’t recall if that includes MAME or not.

Once you get it set up as you like it, you can save an autoconfig profile and it will no longer say “not configured”, and it will remember and automatically apply your mappings whenever you plug the gun in.

do you mean here because i dont see anything about API

It’s not going to say anything about it. Some cores use the lightgun API under the hood for lightguns, some just use the generic mouse. It doesn’t make much difference to end-users, other than how it maps.

1 Like