All arcade emulators not working

Hey guys, I’m new here and trying to solve a problem. I have a stand up two player arcade I bought off Etsy. It has a raspberry pi with RetroArch. My son’s friend started banging buttons while playing arcade specific games. Now whenever we open any arcade games the screen is small and no control buttons work. I have to shut the machine down. Every other game/emulaot works fine, for example nes, super nes, Gameboy etc. Can anyone help me with this?

Hmm, that sort of thing can be tough to track down. Is it using RetroArch alone or via something like RetroPie? if the latter, they put things in different locations, so you might have to consult with them as to where to look.

Nevertheless, the first thing to do is identify which core is supposed to play the arcade games. That is, FBNeo or MAME2003-plus or whatever. Once you have that, go into RetroArch’s menus and then go to settings > directory and see where your ‘config’ directory is located. Open that folder somehow (e.g., via whatever file manager or whatever is available) and look for the name of the core. Move that folder somewhere else temporarily and see if it solves your issue.

1 Like

I will try that and report what I find.