Amiga DOS screen on P-UAE

Hi everyone,

It’s my first post, I’ve been reading you for a long time, specially in this matter (C Amiga). I’ve read several topics and advenced a lot on understanding some cores behaviors, but I’m stuck now. I’ve followed a lot of steps with ADF Opus, Total Commander, etc. I have the correct bioses loaded on the WHFload, kicks and whfload on the system folder. Checked some roms for the game.slave and yes, they are ok. Enabled whfload on core options too. When I load a .hdf what I get is this screen, and I don’t know what to do to properly run my collection: amigados

I’m on RPi4 with Lakka v.Rpi2.Rpi4.arm-2.3.1

As I said, I’ve read a lot on this, but obviously I’m doing something bad and can’t detect the mistake. If you guys can help me I would be very grateful. I bought the RPi to emulate Amiga and is the only one that is geving me troubles.

Thanks in advance and sorry my english, it’s not my native. And, uh, I don’t know if I’m posting in the correct place, if not, excuse my fault. See you!

You don’t need any of that. All you need is the LHA file for the game and the kickstarts in the system folder. The “Retroplay” set of LHA game files for example should just work.

You don’t need ADFOpus and you don’t need to create HDF files anymore.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. So, the games for amiga have to be in .lha, but there is a way to convert adf or hdf games to lha? I know it’s a compression system but I’m a bit lost with this new .lha concept and I don’t really understand what are you refering with:

Thank you for your time.

Ok, I found some .lha archives to load on P-UAE. I tried to load but a new error message appears, it says “System Request - Please insert volume dh1 i any drive”. I’m trying to solve it, if I can find the solution I’ll reply, if not please, help me.

Thank you.

ADF files have nothing to do with whdload. They are normal disk images and you just load then normally.

LHA files are like ZIP files, but for Amigas. whdload games come in LHA files. You also just load these in the core normally, if they actually are whdload games. Not all LHA files are whdload games.

Note that if you download LHA files from http://whdload.de, these are not games. These are just files that people use to create LHA games from. They are of no use here. Check your PMs.

Also, all this assumes that you are using the latest p-uae core. As of right now, that would be 1da3fa0 (displayed the lower-left corner in retroarch menu when you load the core.)

Thank you @RealNC,

Two things

1. p-uae is not in its last version, I have 1.8.4 - 1f5a67c. I’ve downloaded the last version from git-hub, but I don’t know how to install manually. I don’t have a “core updater” option on retroarch menu.

2. With a proper .lha file p-uae shows this message "error validating whload block 1034 used twice"

So, now I’m backing up all the content I have on my device, then I will do a reset and reinstall lakka again because I feel it’s a bit dirty, I’ve been touching here and there…

Now my main concern is how to run the last version of p-uae.

Really grateful with your help. Best regards.