Analog control support in FBA core (steering in Outrun...)

Is it possible to have actual analog controls in FBA and MAME cores? I can steer in outrun but it is always digital. Tested on android build (shield).

I believe you can map analogs in MAME using the MAME OSD

It is still only digital after mapping.

Could it be that analogs are not bound at all at least in the two mame cores and the fba core that come with the android build? I looked at the source code comments and that is what it seems like…

Yeah there are still no analogs bound in MAME

Guys, a little thing: I’ve downloaded this bunch of 700+ roms to mess around, and I’ve noticed that many of them has the character # and seems that RA can’t read those files. Well renaming them does the job, but now you’re implementing many thing I thought you’d like to know such details.

hmmm I just pass the filename to mame it shouldn’t happen

I thought I was posting in the beta thread, I don’t know why I ended posting here. The roms are SNES, nothing related to this sorry for the offtopic.

Hi Radius,

Is it still the case that MAME cores do not support analog mapping at all? I’ve been trying to get my RPi3 with Lakka working with Mame 2003 and my PS3 analog sticks, but the MAME input menu doesnt take the axis input at all. All digital buttons Dpad works perfectly in all games. Really want to play the dual-stick arcade games with my PS3 controller for now.

Thanks much!