Android 7.0 Issues

Hi,

I just updated my Shield tv to android 7.0 and now it no longer can see my external storage devices. I did a fresh install from the play store making sure to delete all previous assets the program created.

I know it isn’t the flash stick because other emulators see it still, and i tried a second flash stick and it doesn’t see that either, i also checked the permissions for the app and those are ok.

When i go to browse content, it no longer shows storage in the directory tree like it use to or any mnt directory either, I’m at a loss if i could get some help i would appreciate it.

Probably more Google permissions hoodoo b.s. Every version, they get more restrictive with what you can do with external storage without running your code through the java interface, which is required to trigger their permissions waiver.

I’m in the process of updating my Shield, as well, so I’ll try to check it out.

Thanks for looking into this guys.

btw hunterk what shaders do you use for retroarch? I’ve gone through and tested almost all shaders on various games for nes, snes, etc and most don’t seem to improve the picture quality in fact some just make it worse or don’t work at all.

I usually use CRT shaders. Lately, I’ve been digging Easymode’s crt-aperture and crt-hyllian (with some parameter changes to make the scanline gaps more pronounced).

1 Like

I upgraded and had an issue where the shield couldn’t see my USB drive at all. I reformatted the stick on a PC, stuck it in the shield, rebooted the shield and then it was suddenly available.

Put all my emu stuff back on and it seems to be working OK. 1.3.4 RetroArch.