Android Core MAME 0.78 Crash

In Android MAME 0.78 is available for download in the integrated Updater. But that version crashes whenever you try to load a rom.

Using this archived version of the core of MAME 0.78 works correctly: http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/archive/stable/android/armebi-v7a/1.0.0.2/cores/mame078_libretro_android.so.zip This version only crashes on some games if you enable the rewind before load a rom, works ok if enable the rewind when game is running.

I think it would be interesting to fix the integrated Updater version, or replace it with the version I linked.

[QUOTE=nubes;28063]In Android MAME 0.78 is available for download in the integrated Updater. But that version crashes whenever you try to load a rom.

Using this archived version of the core of MAME 0.78 works correctly: http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/archive/stable/android/armebi-v7a/1.0.0.2/cores/mame078_libretro_android.so.zip This version only crashes on some games if you enable the rewind before load a rom, works ok if enable the rewind when game is running.

I think it would be interesting to fix the integrated Updater version, or replace it with the version I linked.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible to copy this core to unrooted phone ?

I copied a working version of RA from a rooted device, then copy this version to another none rooted device (GS5) and mame 078 still doesn’t work…

I copy the core to a writable folder in the GS5…

What is the official status of the mame cores ?

I am now afraid to update and to make failure on more android devices…

I just noticed that after I chose the mame core it is displaying 1.22 NO CORE on the bottom…

Tested again with 16.09.15 version, nothing changed…

It may not be wanting to run the dynamic library from there. We’d need a logcat to know more.

How can I save this log file ?

you’ll need to use an external program. There are many free options on the Play store. I’ve had good luck with .logcat (dot-logcat).

Is it NOT working only on my device ?

All the other people are without this problem ?

I can confirm this too. MAME2003 crashes on roms it used to run perfecly before.

MAME 2003 and 2014 crashes instantly for me in the nightlys, but I am using the correct romset and the git MAME doesnt load roms it loaded before, anyone knows why? using android 4.2.2 on an Archos Gamepad 2.

the same happens to me with ScummVm and P-uae cores doesn’t load in 4.1 Jelly Bean Achos Gamepad (No Core)

Radius said in another thread it was a toolchain issue thats why MAME 2003 and 2014 only work on lolipop, maybe thats why the other cores are not working? Hope it gets fixed.

MAME 2010 and 2014 no longer appear in the online updater for android, anyone knows why?

2010 never built successfully for android. 2014 is not building atm not sure why

[QUOTE=Radius;34130]2010 never built successfully for android. 2014 is not building atm not sure why[/QUOTE]

Thanks, do you know what romset MAME 2014 uses?

It’s 0.157

[QUOTE=Radius;34130]2010 never built successfully for android. 2014 is not building atm not sure why[/QUOTE]

Hi any news on this? MAME 2014 is still not available in the online updater.

MAME git is too slow for android, MAME 2014 apparently is still not building.

Mame 2003(0.78) is crashing but only after the legal prompt.(tried galaga88 and spcinv95 “space invaders 95”)

This core works on ios for spcinv95.