Android gamepad 1118/673 not configured. using fallback. working?

android gamepad 1118/673 not configured. using fallback. BUT ITS working until…

On first install of retroarch on my chromebook I plug in my xbox 360 wireless controller i get a message on the retroarch home screen “android gamepad 1118/673 not configured. using fallback.”

but the controller works. I can play games. The problem happens when retroarch autodetects that it is a xbox 360 wireless controller then it will no longer work. To get it to work again I have to uninstall and reinstall retroarch each time.

retroarch version: 1.7.9

chromebook dev channel: Version 79.0.3940.0 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Wireless Xbox 360 controller is fully supported when I go test https://html5gamepad.com/

and it is detected as Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (STANDARD GAMEPAD Vendor: 045e Product: 02a1)

If it works unconfigured, you can try moving/renaming your autoconfig directory or delete everything inside of it (you can always get them back from the online updater). You might also try going to settings > input and disable “autoconfig” entirely.

I have already tried those options. but somehow it still detects the xbox 360 controller.

I have tried deleting the config file and turning off autoconfig found when advanced options is enabled. and by going into input menu.

ok, i’m out of suggestions then. good luck.