Android gamepad input broken?

I have a Nvidia Shield Portable, JXD S5110b, JXD S7300b and a GPD G58.

On all of these devices the built in controllers are not working past being able to set them up manually in the “frontend”. It doesn’t matter whether autoconfig is on or off, once a rom is loaded the controllers are not responsive/undetectable in RGUI setup/config. After reading around the forums it seems like alot of others are having similar issues with external controllers not working properly either. The last truly working build I have is a build from lordashram from 2014-02-10. So it seems to me this is not a new issue, but one that’s been around for almost a year.

Is this issue being looked into? I makes the newer nightlys of Retroarch pretty much useless to any of us using built in/external controllers to help with testing.

Of course I can use tincore to setup a touch profile for each core, but that’s a less than ideal solution imo.

I haven’t checked the nightlies lately, but they might be missing the autoconfig files. Check that you have these files:

Nope, the autoconfig are there - but my xbox360 controller does the same: I can config it on RetroArch Android’s frontend - but on rgui and on games, no answer. Setting the debug to show pressed buttons, shows them being pressed, axis being read and all that.

But neither game, or rgui respond to a single joystick command.

I think I might be affected by this too, except I can’t even get past the help screen since my device doesn’t have a touch screen.

Yes, the autoconfig files are definitely there. I’ve even downloaded the entire autoconfig folder from github and overwritten the default files installed by the nightlys on my devices to be sure that wasn’t the issue. Something else is definitely boinked.

EDIT: besides that, its not just autodetection thats broken. I can’t even manually configure the binds in RGUI. The only thing on any of my devices that is detected as “bindable” is the right analog stick.

Just to verify, yeah, this seems to be a thing with the nightlies. Squarepusher’s going to take a look.

Sweet, thanks so much!

I had the same problem. If you have the debug information and input it manually in retroarch.cfg be sure to change the file to read only or turn autosave config to false. Or you could always turn auto detect off and set up the key binds in the same menu.

[QUOTE=SLotman;18132]Nope, the autoconfig are there - but my xbox360 controller does the same: I can config it on RetroArch Android’s frontend - but on rgui and on games, no answer. Setting the debug to show pressed buttons, shows them being pressed, axis being read and all that.

But neither game, or rgui respond to a single joystick command.[/QUOTE]

Same problem here with wired 360 controller and Gamestick 1.4cfw console.

Hi to all ^^ Are nightlies still broken? I have an S7800B, and whatever i tried, can’t get any button to work inside retroarch. Tried to remap manually all the mappings (copy/paste from s7800.cfg to retroarch.cfg), tried also autoconfiguration via s7800b.cfg… Nothing work. Thank you Ah, first message in the forum here ^^ Glad to be here

Define broken. Nightlies are working fine for me but I don’t use gamepads.

Thank you. Sticking with lordashram’s build 2014-09-18 (latest one is not working with S7800B), only minor configuration issue (seems that retroarch not saving retroarch.cfg in /data/data/com.retroarch folder).

Nightlies appear to be saving the configuration, but not loading it properly. So gamepad input configuration appears to be/is still broken.

I found this bug long time ago,sadlly it haven’t been fix yet. This bug is really annoying to all the android handheld user

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/1295