Android RetroArch + Gamesome (frontend) + Bluetooth Controller problems

So, the first time I entered RetroArch I went to the settings, configuered inputs for my controller, put everything in order, turn off overlay (because I dont need/want it when I have a bluetooth controller for my Android phone). Then I quit and save. I enter RetroArch again to see if everything is saved, it is.

Then I enter my Gamesome frontend app, then click on the game I want to run, this frontend makes retroarch + core + rom go. But when the rom start all my settings are reset like I never touched them before, and when I try to change my input settings the controller dosent work, also the overlay is there and I have no hotkeys, no settings at all is saved. But when I turn off the game and enter RetroArch without the frontend, all settings are there again as I made them before.

How do I fix this? I want the normal RetroArch settings (not the core settings) to be saved just as they were when I start a game on my frontend. I never had this problem in windows with steam as frontend.

I use Gamesome+Retroarch just like you do, also I had the same problems about the configs, it’s very annoying, isn’t it? I use custom configs and custom paths for Retroarch, Gamesome forces a path for the config file, and as far as I know, there’s no way to change this config path, maybe in the near future, who knows?

Solution: If you use default paths for your Retroarch configs and everything else, you should do this: Using a file explorer with root access you go to your root folder, it uses to be , so the default path for your Retroarch config should be \data\data\com.retroarch, copy your retroarch.cfg from this folder and paste it (and replace if needed) in SD Card\Android\Data\com.retroarch (This is actually your internal memory usually known as SD Card, don’t confuse with SD Card 1 which is actually your real SD Card).

Resuming

Copy Retroarch.cfg from \data\data\com.retroarch Paste replace this file in SD Card\Android\Data\com.retroarch

I solved this problem this way, let me know if it worked for you.

Hmm seems like I cant access the folder because my phone is not rooted :confused:

Is it hard to do?

You actually don’t have to root your device to get it working, I said you needed a root file explorer in case you had root access and used the default retroarch config. A side solution for you without root is simple, change retroarch config saving location, put that config file following the above explanation and you’ll be good to go.

[QUOTE=aorin1;35380]You actually don’t have to root your device to get it working, I said you needed a root file explorer in case you had root access and used the default retroarch config. A side solution for you without root is simple, change retroarch config saving location, put that config file following the above explanation and you’ll be good to go.[/QUOTE]

I noticed another solution, you can actually change were retroarch is gonna look for the cfg file in Gamesome by opening the emulators xml files and put in the correct path for the cfg file. It was on a totally different path for retroarch emulators by default.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Gamesome works perfectly with all retroarch cores now, it is awesome.

[QUOTE=talos91;41653]Gamesome works perfectly with all retroarch cores now, it is awesome: https://dropapk.com/a16[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it’s very basic and limited. Whenever you exit a game the list scrolls all the way back to the top, and no way of scrolling faster through the list like skipping to a chosen letter. You may as well just look through a directory of screenshots and then choose the game to play manually, it would be a lot quicker. It’s a shame really because he’s been working on Gamesome 2.0 for ages. I only wish there was an Android version of EmulationStation.

Scrolling with the touchscreen or mouse pointer seems really fast to me, I can get to any game I want in seconds. I even use tincore to simulate a mouse. But I guess it would be a problem with people with bazillion roms.

The dev updated the app, it fixes the scrolling all the way to the top issue you mentioned. Awesome!

There is Arc Browser but not sure if that works on phones may just be powerful tablets upwards like the shield

[QUOTE=rhiimezz;35419]I noticed another solution, you can actually change were retroarch is gonna look for the cfg file in Gamesome by opening the emulators xml files and put in the correct path for the cfg file. It was on a totally different path for retroarch emulators by default.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.[/QUOTE]

How exactly did you do this? It’s my first day in the emulation game and i cant figure out how to solve this problem.

In the newest gamesome in the app settings there is an option to tell gamesome where to look for the retroarch config file.

Would that be under advanced settings>Retroarch.cfg? where should it be looking? right now mines set to /storage/sdcard0/adnroid/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg

I don’t know about Android Phone, but I’m using ARC Browser on a GPD XD and love it. Developer is very active and helpful. I think it’s worth the 5 bucks.

I don’t know about Android Phones, but I’m using ARC Browser on a GPD XD and love it. Developer is very active and helpful. I think it’s worth the 5 bucks.