Android TATE mode per game settings in MAME, rotate other direction?

Playing on Odin 2 handheld. So I can select “tate mode” to play portrait games in MAME (Pac Man etc.) but the problem is that is makes everything rotated. I only want vertical games rotated, as per the game. I want Pac Man rotated but not Metal Slug. If I try to save over ride for that game it tells me “nothing was changed not saved” Huh? I changed the screen. Why can’t I save the rotated screen for only rotated games or can I and just not know how to do it? Also it only rotates CCW which means I am stuck using the analog control stick for a digital game. It works but is sloppy. I would like to be able to rotate CW so I can use the d-pad for digital control games. How to do that? On old non Retroarch MAME I could go into MAME tab menu and rotate the screen how ever I want and it would save it for only that game.

You have to save “Save Game Options” in “Manage Core Options”.

Rotate the game, save and restart.

Ok thanks that fixes the per game thing. Is there any way to rotate the other direction? The old MAME video menu allowed rotating any way but the menu in RA only has tate on or off. Is there a way to access old video menu in MAME?

What version of RetroArch do you have?

RetroArch’s general menu allows you to rotate in 4 angles. But, this is an option for everything.

If you want to rotate by game, it is in the MAME Quick Menu » Core Options » Video » Screen Rotation Mode.
You can ROtate Left and ROtate Right.

Yeah it is not there. I am using the Android version on a handheld (Odin 2). For some dumb reason they didn’t feel like including it there. All I get is TATE mode on/off.