Android TV ADT-1

So, I have this amazing Tegra K1 device, and have been learning how to make apps, and send apps to the device over WIFI. Life is great right?

Emulation wise, retroarch has been causing a lot of wasted time. My main problem is that no matter what, the controller input is not recognized during gameplay. I wouldn’t post here with my troubles unless i really had exhausted all my options.

I have tried:

1. Manually mapping the ADT-1’s “xbox 360-like” controller buttons with the binding options to user 1
  2. Trying a different bluetooth controller, specifically the NES30 controller by Bitendo. I have gotten it to pair and successfully control all the functions of the android OS, including the reotroarch Menu. But when it comes to the actual in-game gameplay no dice.
  3. Changing the “IME” but actually there are not very many options, limited to the phone app keyboard, the virtual keyboard (controller), and japanese keyboard. Same result no matter what
  4. Looking for an alternative IME shim to be the go-between for the controller and the bluetooth keyboard output
  5. Seeing a post about “debug output” I have looked through the input options - both the stable and nightly versions of the APK - and I cannot find anything that says debug output. Its simply not there on the menu,

I realize that the ADT-1 with the andoird 5.0 lollipop OS is cutting edge and may introduce some variable to the equation. I just wanted to post and let people know that to my best abilities and perseverance, I cannot get RA to work with this amazing and beautiful device.

Thank you.