Android TV box: cant select nothing on user interface

Hello all, i have a good android tv box: Epatio A95X NEX Android 6.0, 2gb ram, 16gb storage + 64gb microsd and 64gb usb stick. I have USB mouse + keyboard. WIth mouse + keyboard i cant select nothing on main menù: i cant move between options, nor even select them. I can only press HOME and go back to the android main manù. So i have attached a bluetooth game controller, the snakebyte idroid:con. Pressing any button, Retroarch seems to recognize the device and writes something like “100% idroid gamepad configured” and from now I can use directional pad to move through options, BUT I can not select any option with any key! How can I fix the problem?

Thanks.

No idea? :open_mouth:

With the keyboard, do enter/backspace do anything?

No, nothing with the keyboard or mouse… I pressed every single key. Only 4-directon arrows on joypad, but cant select/confirm nothing.

Try a clean install with the latest nightly.

Hello, i have installed the latest apk avaiable and finally i can browse all menu, thanks for the help! Now i have to understand how to manage the UI, not very easy :thinking: Is retroarch able to run ROMS directly from the ZIP? I tried several Mame and BameBoy rom but on 10 roms only 1, unzipped, worked. Wrong ROMs or must be unzipped?

Zipped ROMs should work but you may need to go to settings > directory and set the Cache directory somewhere in your storage/RetroArch directory. RetroArch needs to unzip the ROMs to somewhere before it can load them. It should delete them when it’s done, but if it crashes, it may not delete the file.

For MAME ROMs, you don’t unzip them first. Use the ‘load archive’ option and it will pass the zip off to the core to load on its own. If it still doesn’t load, you probably don’t have the right ROMs for the core. Arcade cores (i.e., MAME and FBA) need exactly the right ROMs for the version of the core you have.