Android TV Boxes, can they handle XBR shaders?

Hey guys. I have Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos. It’s supposed to be a very fast Android Box. I’m trying to use it to emulate Snes and TG16, PC-Engine and Genesis roms with shaders. Of course I would love to be able to use xbr at 3x or 4x.

So far the only version that gives me shaders to select in the menu is an old version. Version v1.0.0.2

From my testing hq4x runs full speed and the video is smooth and sound is good. But the xbr shaders make the video stutter. I have got it almost perfect. Sometimes it’s very smooth but every now and then the video runs jerky. I wanted to see if a newer version of Retroarch makes it full speed with perfect smooth video but the newer versions seem to be missing the shader menu.

Does anyone have an Android Box that can handle PCE emulation full speed with the xbr shaders?

If so which version are you using? and which settings?

Also is there any way to see what the fps are when running a rom?

Go to settings > video settings and there should be an option to show the fps counter.

I doubt you’ll be able to get 4xBR full speed, but you might try using 2xBR-v3.8* at 2x scale and then let it do the rest of the scaling with bilinear (which is basically free).

Some how I got almost perfect smooth video with 3xbr-v3.8a.glsl and almost perfect sound with v1.0.0.2

I’m using vsync, threaded video, forced frame rate of 61.01, no bilinear filtering

I’ll stick to this version and settings for now I guess.