Any chance of getting a core repository of known tested/working cores?

Currently the default settings or RetroArch is to retrieve cores from the nightly buildbot, reguardless if its the stable or nightly version of RetroArch. Past the cores building there is no actual proof that they work. Right now I have two cores that crash on load (hatari and atari800) and as their isnt any history of built cores I have no way of reverting to a working version and have to hope that someone notices the issue entered in on github (not a particularly nontechnical user friendly method.) I was just wondering if someone has or there can be a repo of built cores considered stable that are confirmed working by users and only updated when there are major updates to the core that have been validated working on live hardware. That or get a more robust range of prior builds left in the buildbot.

2 Likes

It could be an interesting idea to implement a nightly/stable cores branchs and be able to select the branch from a setting in RA.

2 Likes

That and an archive of older versions.

2 Likes

Would like to see if there is a way of having a Separate Section for Cores that need Testing, so Users can see if they Work, and what the Problems are. Especially for Android, and Vita.

1 Like

I like the Sound of that and be for all Platforms

1 Like