Anyone get Atari 5200 working under RetroArch?

I have been using this core on the Android TV version for a few months, but since 1.7.1 update it no longer works - anyone else with a similar experience?

I have dowloaded the latest core via the core updater, no other settings have changed and whenever I try and run a 5200 or Atari 800 game image (.a52, xex, atr etc) reproach crashes…

sTeVE

Is there a guide to get this working? Which BIOS, where to put it, .a52 no intro roms. If I run them from launchbox, they work, but incorrectly so I wanted to try different emulators. If I load the atari 800 core and find content is says I need a genuine atari os

Best one I could find was here

Just remember that F4 is the Start key for 5200, or you’ll be left frustrating close!

I can’t get the packaged Atari 5200 emulator to work with my 5200 ROMs, it gives a blue/green “emulation halted” message. I am not savvy under the hood of the game creating workarounds. It would be nice if there were 3-5 other emulator core choices when one goes bust. There seems to be a bunch for other games. But not such luck with the 5200 sadly. :frowning:

Solved, by resetting audio gain to zero!

I’ve got 5200 running using Atari800, but have a weird sound issue. I’ve grabbed two ROMs, and with Berzerk it works but the sound is a bit weird, speech isn’t right and not all sounds present. Pac Man - no sound at all. Any one have any ideas?

I’m hoping someone can help. I have the Firestick 4K Max with Retroarch installed. When I try and run an Atari 800 game using either the Atari 800 or Atari 5200 Bios I get a blue screen saying “Sorry this program needs a real Atari/OS. Visit the web pages to find out more”.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Thanks in advance,

here’s a link to the core documentation: https://docs.libretro.com/library/atari800/

Like the error says, you need to put the appropriate BIOS (listed on that page) in your ‘system’ directory, the location of which you can find by going to settings > directory.

Download A5200 core from http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/x86_64/latest if you use Linux or browse to anothers paths to download the A5200 for your OS. A5200 is an good core.

there are a lot of problems and in some games you can’t even emulate two buttons.

it makes games like Moon Patrol unplayable.. .

And Pitfall can’t even start for some reason.