Anyone get RA working in Wayland

I finally got RetroArch to work in Arch Linux. I realized that it runs fine under ubuntu 14.10 from the stable PPA so I basically just manually installed the binaries and libs from the .deb packages into my Arch install. It works as long as I use stable mesa (mesa-git gives errors). I got it working with kms and everything but with there now being a Wayland preview in Gnome Shell I was wondering if anyone figured out how to get RA to work under Wayland.

I can launch RA just fine in Gnome Wayland but when I read the log file I notice it is using the glx context driver which leads me to believe that it is not running as a native wayland app but as a client under x-wayland. RA won’t let me choose my context driver anymore for some reason in the driver menu the context option is just blank. If I specify the context in the config it just blanks it out upon launching RA. I am not sure if I should use wgl or kms-egl in Wayland but appending either to the config gives the same result mentioned. Also I tested RA under weston and indeed it was using Wayland/EGL and running much smoother than under Gnome Wayland.

Just curious if there is a way to force context drivers so I can run this as a native Wayland and reap the benefits ( I am assuming the benefits are the same as using KMS from the command line). I would love to finally be able to run RA on one screen and continue working in another with all the latency benefits that KMS provides.

Anyway I appreciate the help anyone can give. Also just curious if there is anyone else successfully using this under Wayland. Thanks as always!