Anyone using a Tronsmart Mars G01 Controller. Getting very bad input lag here

Hey guys,

I have a Tronsmart Draco AW80 Android Box. I have tweaked my setting on the ROM I’m using on this box and Retroarch and I’m getting pretty smooth video game play and good audio now. But I just tried to play a Turbografx 16 game with the Tronsmart Mars G01 Controller on Retroarch 1.0.0.2, the last stable release.

The input lag is horrible. However in the Android OS itself I can navigate with the controller just fine and I do not notice this input lag. Which setting or settings could be causing this?

Does Retroarch work with a PS3 Controller wireless on Android Kitkat? I might try this if a PS3 controller works better.

PS3 controller should work fine. You might also try using one of the nightlies from buildbot.libretro.com as there’s been a lot of work since the 1.0.0.2 release that’s on the Play store.

Cool. I’ll try to get my hands on a PS3 controller.

I think the problem I’m having has to do with threaded Video. If I disable it, the emulation speed drops to about half and then the controller is more responsive. If I enable it, then I get full speed but the input lag is horrible.

I do need threaded video in order to be able to use shaders such as xbr. Is there anything in the configuration I can adjust for the input lag?

I guess I will try one of the newer versions to see if that helps too.