--appendconfig option not working in 1.8.4

Hi,

After updating to 1.8.4, it appears that the --appendconfig option is no longer working.

I have rocketlauncher appending a cfg that makes certain cores use vulkan and other gl…

After the update it is ignoring the config specified, and using whatever the value is in the retroarch config.

Any help is appreciated.

I just tested it and it works fine here. You might want/need to disable the option to ‘allow cores to change the video driver’ found in settings > core (this is an advanced option, so you’ll need to go to settings > user interface and set ‘show advanced settings’ to ON before it will be visible).

Thanks for the response. Still not working, even with “change video driver” option disabled.

Here is my CL

d:\emulators\retroarch\retroarch.exe  "D:\ROMS\GameCube\Auto Modellista (USA).iso" -f -c "D:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg" -L "D:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\dolphin_libretro.dll" --appendconfig retroarch-vulkan_override.cfg --log-file .\retroarch-log.txt -v

Here is the log contents

[INFO] RetroArch 1.8.4 (Git f425d8dc8b)
[INFO] Redirecting save file to "d:\emulators\retroarch\saves\Auto Modellista (USA).srm".
[INFO] Redirecting savestate to "d:\emulators\retroarch\states\Auto Modellista (USA).state".
[INFO] === Build =======================================
[INFO] CPU Model Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
[INFO] Capabilities:  MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AES AVX
[INFO] Built: Jan 15 2020
[INFO] Version: 1.8.4
[INFO] Git: f425d8dc8b
[INFO] =================================================
[INFO] Loading dynamic libretro core from: "D:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\dolphin_libretro.dll"
[INFO] [Overrides] core-specific overrides found at d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\dolphin-emu.cfg.
[INFO] [Overrides] no content-dir-specific overrides found at d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\GameCube.cfg.
[INFO] [Overrides] no game-specific overrides found at d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\Auto Modellista (USA).cfg.
[INFO] Config: appending config "d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\dolphin-emu.cfg"

Here is the d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\dolphin-emu.cfg contents

video_shader_enable = “false” video_smooth = “false”

Here is the retroarch-vulkan_override.cfg contents

video_driver = “vulkan”

Again… any help would be appreciated

Hmm, it looks like it’s loading it. Can you post the full verbose log output? That will tell us more about which video driver it’s using.

Hunterk… I must be doing something wrong… since I do not see any additional log output

Here is my CL

d:\emulators\retroarch\retroarch.exe “D:\ROMS\GameCube\Auto Modellista (USA).iso” -L “D:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\dolphin_libretro.dll” --appendconfig “D:\emulators\retroarch\retroarch-vulkan_override.cfg” --verbose >> .\retroarch.log 2>&1

Here is the log

[INFO] RetroArch 1.8.4 (Git f425d8dc8b) [INFO] Redirecting save file to “d:\emulators\retroarch\saves\Auto Modellista (USA).srm”. [INFO] Redirecting savestate to “d:\emulators\retroarch\states\Auto Modellista (USA).state”. [INFO] === Build ======================================= [INFO] CPU Model Name: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz [INFO] Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AES AVX [INFO] Built: Jan 15 2020 [INFO] Version: 1.8.4 [INFO] Git: f425d8dc8b [INFO] ================================================= [INFO] Loading dynamic libretro core from: “D:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\dolphin_libretro.dll” [INFO] [Overrides] core-specific overrides found at d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\dolphin-emu.cfg. [INFO] [Overrides] no content-dir-specific overrides found at d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\GameCube.cfg. [INFO] [Overrides] no game-specific overrides found at d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\Auto Modellista (USA).cfg. [INFO] Config: appending config “d:\emulators\retroarch\config\dolphin-emu\dolphin-emu.cfg”

@hunterk Any further suggestions for resolving this?

Not exactly. You can try adding something obvious into the config fragment, like menu_driver = “rgui”. That will tell you for sure if the appendconfig is actually happening.