Archive file extraction

Hi guys,

I love how RetroArch can open and extract compressed files. However I’d like an additional feature for file extraction. My PlayStation 1 backups are compressed as 7z-files, containing the cue sheet and one or more bin-files. When opening these archives and selecting the cue-file, RetroArch seems to only extract the cue-file, leaving out the binary files. That way emulation cannot start logically. (RetroArch even crashes.)

So I’d like to ask for an option to have RetroArch extract all archive-contents from the opened file.

Furthermore I was wondering how hard it would be for you guys, to implement file extraction to RAM and starting ROMS / images from there?

Thanks

:slight_smile:

It would be too slow for that. Also the extraction code is for one file only for the time being. There would have to be some logic to tell it to extract the whole archive if the internal file is a cue or a toc or something. If it would extract the whole archive it would make loading slow for people with goodsets

Either that or just an option for people who want to enable whole archive extraction. Personally I only use one archive per title.

Can I make this a feature request somewhere officially? It’s a real pity that I can’t use my PSX redump archives.