Archos gamepad 2 retroarch emulator driving me M.A.D. (Other emus/games work)

So it’s no longer crashing when hitting the buttons? If it runs anything less than 4.4 you can’t get pid/vid

Problem is that the names are too generic for me to hardcode those.

Takes longer but if you keep moving the left stick when trying to map the left analog to something retroarch crashes.

[QUOTE=Radius;29386]So it’s no longer crashing when hitting the buttons? If it runs anything less than 4.4 you can’t get pid/vid

Problem is that the names are too generic for me to hardcode those.[/QUOTE]

Archos Gamepad 1 and 2 runs Android Jelly Bean (4.1 for Archos Gamepad 1 and 4.2 for Archos Gamepad 2, there is a 2014 update For the Archos Gamepad 2 I don’t know if this change the android build for this model)

With the left analog Retroarch go back to the Load Reatroarch screen (although like I said before it display the right message ARCHOS GAMEPAD 0/0 not configured), with the right only works the left and right axis recognized like Hat.

Dunno if this helps:

Found a workaround to use the archos gamepad 2 left stick fully in retroarch, go to the onscreen overlay options and select gamepads/flat/arcade (this onscreen overlay is faster than the arcade one in the gamepads folder, which causes performance issues for some reason) next switch off the option hide overlay in menu, then map the left stick to the onscreen stick using the archos mapping app, finally turn the overlay opacity to 0 and you are done, works great for fighting games in the fba core. If you are using shaders and want better performance use the retropad fast overlay in the flat folder and follow the same intructions. This solution should do it until somebody founds a way to finally use the sticks natively in retroarch.

Ok archos users, we have a new implementation that might work with your device I need the following:

• Frontend name (you can find it in information/system information)
  • Device names (please mind the caps, I need the exact name of all the primary input devices involved)
  • Preferably I need someone to come to IRC to make this easier.

Hi, with the last nightly both analogs sticks works fine, by the moment I don’t have any issue…Thanks for the nice job!

I still need the info I requestd

back woks too, like volume

Frontend name: ARCHOS GAMEPAD

Device names: joy_key (digital pad and buttons), joystick (analog sticks)