Are RetroAchievements Borked on Gameboy cores?

Haven’t been working for me for a while. Using Gambatte or Sameboy. Is this known or…? All other cores/systems are working for me.

I just tested a couple games making sure the crc matched the ones over on retroachievements.org. Nothing pops :frowning:

Edit: Hmm… i just got a bunch in Mario Land 1 (Sameboy)… NFI whats going on :confused: lol

Edit: Playing Mario Land 2 annnnd nothing :confused: hehe

see if the achievements in question works in vba-m instead. i have no idea abut the memory mapping in those cores but i think one of them has issue with ram on gbc. i tried coordinating with the ra.org guy who was working on that before but i got shut down in the discord channel for no reason.

I didnt know VBA-M played GB/C in RetroArch.

I tried the (REV A) Mario Land 2 ROM (Sameboy)… Nothing. I just tried again with (REV A) and Gamebatte… and it unlocked 4 that i should not of received. I have not got all the coins or completed all levels for example :frowning:

And its not giving me ones i actually earn…

im a megaman guy so im impatient with mario platforms. what is the earliest achievement you can get here or at least on Mario Land 2?

The tree coin… intro level then go left to the tree. Doesn’t take long. And you can skip one of the levels.

I’m not yet able to create my own topic so hopefully you all see my question here, but it is related to RetroAchievements.

I’ve been using RetroAchievements for a while now and two days ago the achievements were unlocking without issue and I would receive the notification badge. Then yesterday all of a sudden Retroarch crashed upon me unlocking an achievement and seeing the notification. I thought it was a glitch (playing DKC with SNES9x core). I then switch to an N64 game and had the same thing, Retroarch closed upon unlocking an achievement.

I downloaded a new file of Retroarch and reinstalled but the same thing happened, this time on an NEStopia core.

Any tips? I have scanned everywhere and this seems to be a new one. Using Retroarch 1.7.7 (but again, I was using that for a while with no issue).

I made no updates to Retroarch or my PC that I’m aware of. Thank you.

We would need a log of a crash to even guess what’s up, but the first thing I would suggest is to download a nightly build and see if it treats you any better.

Just downloaded the latest nightly build (6/30) and unfortunately the same thing happened. I kept all default settings in Retroarch and the only thing I did was log into RetroAchievements, downloaded a core and played a game until I unlocked an achievement. Once the badge popped up in the top left of the screen, RetroArch shut down like I hit the escape button. No error, just immediate exit.

How would I go about providing a crash log?

I would like to add that I downloaded 1.7.6 again and I’m not experiencing any crashes. I’d still prefer 1.7.7 though if I can get it working.

hijack

:slight_smile:

LOL! Sorry! I created a new account to ask this question but it won’t let me create a topic for at least a week if I’m reading this right. I thought I’d at least ask my question in another topic related to RetroAchievements. On topic, right???

No big deal friend. I wasn’t gonna get an answer anyways :slight_smile:

i totally forgot about his. i have just recently updated memory maps for gameboy cores. ill see if anything happens. or you can check if gambatte/sameboy has the achievement already(gearboy should also have merge my pr but not sure)…

1 Like

Update: achievement works. gambatte, at least after completing the tree stage in mario land 2

1 Like

Nice! I will try it out later tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to fix :slight_smile: