Are there no settings to crop image?

I am using Genesis Plus GX core in retroarch latest.

Is there no way to crop image to get rid of blue bars in the side?

The crop image setting under video settings does nothing it seems

If you know how to use shaders, you can use the image-adjustment shader for cropping.

That core has overscan cropping as a core option. It’s something about “borders”.

Yes I know about the borders setting. That just adds borders. It does not remove borders. I want to remove them.

Sadly i dont know how too add that shader as i coldnt find it in retroarch. Even if i did i wouldnt know how to combine it with the shaders I already use. Is there a guide somewhere?

Seems strange that there isnt just a simple setting where the user can set number of lines or pixels to cut.

Hi.

It’s under misc/ and available for GLSL and Slang.

If you already use shaders, you can add image-adjustment as the first pass (shader #0) and it will add the shader options for cropping.

Well, I haven’t seen one, I learned by trial and error.

Thx

I can see the shader in the folder structure in windows. But when I open the misc folder trough retorarch to select the shader, it just says no items. This is what i mean by not being able to find the shader. I can see its there in the folder structure. i use vulkan and slang but get the same results with other combinations. no shaders under misc.

The image-adjustment shader has no preset. You have to load it manually.

Have you checked the borders option in the Genesis Plus GX core settings? It should be disabled by default.