Atari 5200 Mame Core - Not quite working

I’ve gotten as far as the game starting to load and I see the splash screen, for instance with Centipede, I see the Atari screen that says Centipede, but then the screen just goes black and the game doesn’t continue to load.

I figured I have all the right files in the right places or I wouldn’t get this far, but maybe not…

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

–J

Are you using the stock/downloadable 5200 emulator? I believe that this is the only one that if you were to download all of the emulators, that you have the choice of one (yes 1) Atari 5200 emulator. I can never get any of my 5200 games to load and the only thing that I do get is a blue/green splash screen that says “emulation halted”. I am not a computer whiz nor feel comfortable tinkering with the settings/registry ect… to try to force something to work. My hopes is that someday the Retroarch will come with a working downloadable 5200 emulator as there are several 5200 titles that I would enjoy playing again.

Tested Centipede and it seems it’s broken atm. Tried loading it in a recently compiled standalone mame-git and it doesn’t work there either, so Centipede is broken.

Tried Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom and it works

Centipede may be broken. I understand that, but I’ve tried other games, too.

They all do the same thing. They display the Atari logo and the name of the game, then the screen goes black and it doesn’t continue into the game.

What could be wrong?

Any ideas or further suggestions?