Atari 5200 <------ Please help me!

So i am going nuts here! Can someone please tell me how can i get Atari 5200 to run?! Can some one tell me the folder structure and all the things i need.

What you need:

• The ‘hash’ folder from a MAME install
  • ‘a5200.zip’ bios file
  • Game roms that matches the ones listed in a5200.xml in the ‘hash’ folder precisely. For example, a Centipede rom must be called ‘centiped.zip’ and contain the file ‘centiped.bin’.

What you do:

1. Create a folder in the RetroArch system folder called ‘mame’ - so system/mame

2. Copy the ‘hash’ folder to the new ‘mame’ folder. So you now have system/mame/hash

3. Create a folder in the ‘mame’ folder called ‘roms’ - so system/mame/roms

4. Create a folder in the ‘roms’ folder called ‘a5200’ - so system/mame/roms/a5200

5. Create another folder in the ‘a5200’ folder called ‘a5200’ - so system/mame/roms/a5200/5200

6. Copy the ‘a5200.zip’ file to system/mame/roms/ or unzip the file in system/mame/roms/a5200/5200 (That’s what the documentation says, I did both as well as having a copy of a5200.zip in system/mame/roms/a5200/ for good measure.)

7. Copy the game roms to system/mame/roms/a5200/

8. Now it should work via the ‘MAME’ core.

ThankS gonna try it tonight~!

hey trek did this work for you?

I tried this … it didn’t work. in line #5 is the directory system/mame/roms/a5200/a5200 or is it /system/mame/roms/a5200/5200… either way… I tried both and retroarch on Windows 10 just open and closes.

Edit:

Okay … got it work but I have to rename the phone files and the *.a52 files to match the exact XML file … What a pain but man… THANKS for the insight!

[QUOTE=Wakdikyat;45822] Edit:

Okay … got it work but I have to rename the phone files and the *.a52 files to match the exact XML file … What a pain but man… THANKS for the insight![/QUOTE]

There are programs that do the renaming really well. Dons Hyperspin tools on the Hyperspin forum is just one of many. They are free btw