Atari Jaguar core problem

Hey guys i was wondering if this core is broken or something . I’d tried to load roms all formats (including zipped) but it crashes everytime. (I’m trying to run it on the Nvidia Shield TV).

I dont know if it will work with a BIOS file and if i need to rename it to make it work

any help or suggestions?

I was able to run Dragon - The Bruce Lee Story.jag but not Ray-Man.jag which was working some months ago

Rayman crashes in the newest version of the Jaguar Core.

I kept my old one so I could keep playing it. Though, I’m not sure what improvements were made when they last updated.

This happens from time to time sadly. Like the newest N64 core destroys compatibility with the Castlevania games.

I highly recommend keeping a backup of your cores since there isn’t any on the site.

How do you return to a previous core in Retroarch? I’ve fetched the newest nightly MAME core and it crashes every time I try to load a game. My previous MAME 0.174 core was working fine so I would like to put it back.

You can’t unless you made a backup of it yourself.

If the mame core is suddenly crashing since an update it’s probably a matter of updated ROMs.

All my ROMS are updated and they work fine in my computer which is running the latest MAME 0.181 version. So yes, my roms are up to date and are fully compatible with this MAME version. I’ve been using MAME since version 0.11 and I guarantee I know how to use it :slight_smile: Unfortunately, I don’t have a backup of the MAME 0.174 core, so I need to make the new 0.181 version to work.

The funny thing is that I have installed this same Retroarch version in my MotoG smartphone and in this device Retroarch is working fine and it loads/runs all my ROMS with the latest 0.181 core (despite the fact that this device is waaaaay too slow) but at least it is working!

Since it is something related to my GPD XD device, I would like to make a fresh full Retroarch installation. It seems that my current installation is corrupted and is not fetching the latest MAME core/databases properly, and I would like to remove absolutely everything Retroarch-related from my device in order to make a full new installation to see if I can get rid of this problem. Do you know which folders I can remove in order to get rid of any possible corrupted files?

If you clear data and then uninstall, I think it should get pretty much everything. Also, check your user storage for a directory named “RetroArch” that may hold some configs.

i fixed rayman it was only a little error introduce in a old previous commit

i m waiting push right to this repository to submit fix

1 Like

I did some bisecting on it and found 2 issues: one that causes rayman to always black-screen and one that causes it to crash after the company logo. Were you able to fix both?

fix pushed was only some <= instead of <

1 Like

Ok this only a fix for Rayman?or will other games like Alien Vs Predator. Bubsy or Kasumi Ninja also work?

AVsP & busby seem to works but not Kasumi (at least for me on linux)

ok here comes a totally noob question …what do i need to do to get the fixed core? i hope i dont need to wait for a update and install a new version of retroarch

i just fixed game like raiden / kasumi ect…) by adding an core option to enable bios . enable it and then core will just load these games fine.

I think buildbot will build the updated core quickly.

you just need to wait for it to be built by the automated buildbot and then you can fetch it via the online updater. As long as there’s no problem with the core’s android builds, it should be available in a few hours at the most.

Btw i only tested win64 and linux64 jaguar core not sure about the status on android .

the win64 jag core For the impatient dl.free.fr/getJkIoGf

Soooo this fixed version is not available for the android version? Or do i need to check if it works?

Its just go to core updater and redownload the core right?

It’s available, but yes, you need to check whether it works. Just head over to the core updater and pull down the new versions.

GOOD NEWS!! If you turn on the BIOS file in the core options the games will boot except for Kasumi Ninja :frowning:

the other problem is that its pretty slow ( 1 game Ultra Vortek is kinda too fast i guess) but thanks for fixing the problem

1 Like

Hold the phone.

We can use Jaguar BIOS now?

Please please please tell me this results in the BIOS screen.