Atari - Lynx (Beetle Lynx) How to set correct gamma?

I am using Beetle Lynx on an RG353M handheld (Batocera). The background that is supposed to be black is grey. I don’t know why it is grey but it makes it look washed out. Is there a way to get rid of that grey background and change to black?

Batocera uses a lot of custom scripting to make all it’s magic happen. While you may find your answer here you might find it faster asking the question on the Batocera Discord.

1 Like

It is not Batocera that is the problem it is the emulator because all other emulators are ok.

1 Like

That may be an invalid assumption. The Batocera team works a lot of background magic that the Retroarch community would be unaware of.

1. It could be as simple as what shader they are using as a default for the system. Have you tried using a different shader set?

2. It may have something to do with the drivers available for your system. Have you tried changing the default driver for the Atari Lynx? (You can set each system.)

3. Have you tried changing the core to the Handy core.

Each of these is a possible solution that has more to do with Batocera that Retroarch.

Like I said… you can probably get your answer here… and it may be forthcoming… but I would strongly suggest that you seek the answers from the team that built your system image.

They are a remarkably friendly team. :wink: (I work closely with TVslan, Lbrpdx, and others.)

They have a support channel, that’s what it’s for. :grin: